The 12th Berlinale Co-Production Market will take place from Sunday to Tuesday, February 8-10, 2015, during the 65th Berlin International Film Festival.
Starting September 2014, experienced producers from all over the world and looking for international co-production partners, can submit their new feature projects. The deadline will be October 22.
- Feature-length fiction project with international market potential (for theatrical release)
- Suitable for international co-production and open for co-producers
- Full script available
- Budget between 1 and 20 million Euros
- A minimum of 30% of the financing, or at least the local production support, must already be secured
- The company must have completed at least one international co-production.
Project submission (by e-mail):
- Fully completed Submission Form (as a Word-document)
- Treatment / exposé in English (5 to 8 pages)
- 5-page script excerpt
- Financing Plan (in Euros; stating precisely which elements are confirmed)
- Director's previous work sample (as a link)
After the Project Selection
Co-Production Market 2014
The selected projects are announced in January, and presented in the Catalogue alongside the Company Matching selection. The Catalogue is e-mailed to all registered participants three weeks prior to the event. Based on the meeting requests by interested potential co-producers and financiers, the Berlinale Co-Production Market team then organises one-on-one meetings for the selected projects and companies.
The Berlinale Co-Production Market is meant to be a “natural” meeting place for producers and financiers who are already attending the Berlinale. Therefore, the Berlinale Co-Production Market does not pay for travel and hotel costs, and does not provide festival accreditation for participants.
For details on registering for the festival and/or the European Film Market, please see Service