Uploads for Online Screenings
Films for EFM Online Screenings have to be delivered digitally by uploading the film file through the link on the “My Account” page after the submission.
Once the upload is completed, your data will be processed and encrypted. The processing can take some time. In the next step you can check your processed file, change the thumbnail preview picture – or, if necessary, upload a new version of your film. In a last and important step, expressly approve the finished file.
• Audio, video and subtitles must be contained in a single file and the file size should not exceed 10 GB.
• Please submit HD material in the mp4 format (H.264, AAC, Stereo).
• Please encode your video data with a constant bitrate and either 24, 25 or 30 progressive frames per second.
• The file name must not include any special characters or blank spaces. Please do not, for example, use any file names like “myfilm! @&%$§ *().mp4”.
• Please submit an English subtitled version (except if the film’s original version is English).
The following settings for file compression are suggested:
• Size / aspect ratio: 1920 x 1080 px / 16:9 HD
• Video codec / bit rate: H.264 high profile / 10.000 Kbit/s
• Audio codec / bit rate: AAC / 320 Kbit/s, sampling rate 48 kHz
If your film is available in a different file format, a conversion to H.264 is recommended. Files can be converted by the open source (GPLv2) software "HandBrake" for example, which is available for all major operating systems.
By submitting the EFM film registration form, the participant agrees that, for organisational purposes, the Berlinale retains the uploaded trailers and the film files for the online screenings until the end of the EFMs current edition (effective date: March 31, 2021).