EFM Sustainability Manifesto
The European Film Market (EFM) wants to take its responsibility for the environment and fight unnecessary creation of waste, be careful in the usage of energy and resources, develop strategies to reduce, reuse and recycle resources, contribute to a healthy and sustainable working climate and create awareness among team and visitors that they are part of a greener EFM. By doing this, EFM aims to get even more actively involved in the initiatives already taken in previous years by the Berlinale/KBB and will synchronize its activities as much as possible with them and share new ideas that could be implemented by all in the future.
- 1. EFM aims to increase the usage of sustainable materials for stand construction.
- 2. EFM bans single-use (plastic) cups from its locations and encourages visitors to bring their own cup (BYOC policy).
- 3. EFM aims to increase the usage of sustainable materials for the printing of advertising.
- 4. EFM aims to create more awareness about the consumption and use of water, and will for example actively think about alternatives for the water supply for EFM visitors at its locations.
- 5. EFM has a green cleaning policy, which includes using less harmful chemicals in cleaning products.
- 6. EFM will start sorting waste at all its locations.
- 7. EFM will actively encourage its visitors to use alternative traveling options and will work on rewards for those who do so.
- 8. EFM will rethink its shuttle system and develop greener alternatives with its partners from 2021 onwards, encouraging its visitors to use them and rewarding them for doing so.
- 9. EFM will reduce its own carbon footprint caused by traveling by plane and actively compensate the air traveling that can’t be replaced, and reward employees who help reducing air traveling with incentives.
- 10. EFM actively works on creating a healthy and sustainable working environment in its offices throughout the year, including mental health as well as diversity and inclusion programmes.
- 11. EFM supports a non-competitive growth policy, but instead prioritizes health and a sustainable environment, investing in services that benefit its team and the community it works with (visitors, funding partners, sponsors, suppliers and facilitating companies) and sharing knowledge and new insights about sustainable policy with them.
- 12. EFM will actively search partners to work on a more sustainable market, whether within related (cultural and creative) sectors or new sponsors and suppliers.